Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Day 115 Goddard Shelter 14 miles

I got up early and got trail magic AGAIN from sandmans mom. I got a ride into Bennington with a super trail angel named Steve(?) he took me to price chopper and then toured me around Historic Bennington. I got to see Robert frost's grave among other things. He had been following trail journals and knew all about Rash and Hoosier. Steve drove me back to the trail where i met Oz, Patch and Sophie. I wanted to do more miles today but slowed down because there was thunder as I approached the summit of a mountain. Oz and patch joined me along with three other section hikers. They gave us their food as they were going into town tomorrow. I think they were entertained by our hiker talk.









1 comment:

  1. I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.-R.F.

    Oh the history and the nature and the people wow so good, thank you for continuing to share..

    ReplyDelete