Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 120 tucker Johnston shelter 18.6 miles

I woke up today with the idea of Catching Logan. Hitch hiking out of Rutland took a long time and eventually some other hikers picked me up. My feet are nasty again with all the wet weather. I walked late into the dark with rain passing the 500 mile mark. I gave up looking for a shelter that was supposed to be built by 2013. It was my first time camping alone. It felt surprisingly amazing and relaxing. I got into camp at 10:30 pm after disturbing a lot of porcupines along the trail. I ordered a new credit card online and now have 85 bucks to make it to warren NH. I also ordered a new cell phone case, a bug shirt and a cover for my platypus.







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice pics! It was great to meet you on the trail and chat so unexpectedly about languages and culture. After days of silence and wilderness I'd nearly forgotten that both exist in all their complexity. Keep in touch as you soldier on. (How do military images figure in different cultural expressions of perseverance?) I look forward to hearing more! —Yonder (ymgillihan@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete